NSE 500 earnings – A Mixed Bag
- Around 390 companies had reported the Q3 2019 earnings.
- Among the 29 sectors Banking/Finance, Capital Goods, Construction materials, Pharma, Hospitality, Logistics, and Media had shown considerable improvement over YoY.
- While rest were either flat or declined.
- Banking/Finance witnessed a turnaround owing to decline in slippages and improving recoveries.
- Capital Goods and Construction materials earnings improved owing to higher Government spending.
- Pharma sector grew on the back of rupee depreciation, overseas market contribution in addition to a decline in regulatory alerts.
- Improving tourism in the domestic market has lead to better performance by the hospitality segment.
- Logistics sector has benefitted on the back of conferring of infrastructure status along with the introduction of GST.
- Higher advertisement and subscription revenues had lead to improved earnings of Media sector.